Organization Name: Drishtee Foundation
Drishtee is a social organization working for rural communities of over 6000 villages in various states in India, with a strong presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar. We also have our presence in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and some other North Eastern states. Drishtee aims to develop and nurture more than 500,000 sustainable rural livelihoods in next 5 years, in partnership with local communities and external stakeholders. This entails the role of a catalyst for community building and an in depth understanding of rural life and businesses for forging partnerships.
Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realize and accept the need for coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they realize that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation. Drishtee is betting on the willingness of rural families to invest, sacrifice and contribute towards this common cause. Once the village embarks on the path of organizing themselves, the focus is on identifying their skill and resource gaps which needs outside support. There are capacity building needs, capital needs and above all requirement of channel support for accessing markets. Drishtee takes these needs to stakeholders such as local government, civil society organizations and CSR of large corporations seeking partnerships on behalf of these community organizations.
Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
Mission: To collaborate with marginalized communities to develop and nurture rural enterprises and support the community eco system.
City: Head Office at NOIDA. (Area of operations all over India).
State/Province: Uttar Pradesh.
1. Date of Request : 04/01/2017
2. Requested / Filled By : Shreya Majumdar
3. Department : Community Connect
4. Position Name : Field Manager
5. Reporting Manager (person who the candidate will report to) : Abhinav Lal
6. Hiring Manager(s) (person who will conduct the interview) : Abhinav Lal/Swapna Mishra
7. Number of Candidates for the Position : 5-6
8. Closing Date : 15/01/2017
9. Organization : DF
10. Preferred Date of Joining : Immediate
11. Location : Badaun (U.P.)
12. Salary Range : 15,000/- to 20,000/- per month
13. Type of Position : Contractual (11 Months)
Project / Job Description: The Project is focused on facilitating local action to achieve sustainable development in a cluster of villages in Barabanki, Badaun and Sambhal in Uttar Pradesh. The overall approach is of creating an ecosystem for nurturing local micro-enterprises that harness local resources and inspires innovation and capacity building.
The objectives of the project are:
A. To understand the needs and opportunities of the community through immersion approach
B. To identify and co-create the scope of sustainable means of local livelihood and local micro-enterprises.
C. To develop a long term and sustainable impact model
14. Details of Vacancy :
a) Designation: Field Manager
b) Most Important Skills & Requirement:
1. Should possess good knowledge of local language, region and communities
2. Must possess basic computer literacy
3. Must be willing to visit ground as and when required
4. Candidates with prior experience in handling teams and working in similar profiles preferred
5. Candidates with own transport will be preferred
c) Desired Qualification Level:
1. Must be graduate with a minimum of 2 years
2. Experience in PRA and Institution Building
d) Most Relevant Experience: NA
e) Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To ensure implementation of project plan and facilitate support towards all on-ground activities
2. To develop efficient monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for team and undertake regular monitoring of on-ground activities and team members
3. To review project deliverables and do course correction where necessary in consultation with Project Lead
4. To ensure timely delivery of all tasks assigned
5. To collate and analyze data related to project deliverables
6. Regular reporting and documentation of project and next phase scaling up and planning
7. Liasoning with, and maintaining partnerships with, other local community organizations
8. Recruiting and supervising staff
f) The other most important factors (criteria) that you will consider in candidate’s selection:
- Past relevant experience
- Ability to work in a team
g) Justification of Recruitment: Urgent need for Project UP Swavlamban
h) Urgency of Requirement (Very Urgent, Urgent, Normal): Very Urgent