Position Name: Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator
Organization Name: Drishtee Foundation
Drishtee is a social organization working for rural communities of over 6000 villages in various states in India, with a strong presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar. We also have our presence in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and some other North Eastern states. Drishtee aims to develop and nurture more than 500,000 sustainable rural livelihoods in next 5 years, in partnership with local communities and external stakeholders. This entails the role of a catalyst for community building and an in depth understanding of rural life and businesses for forging partnerships.
Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realize and accept the need for coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they realize that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation. Drishtee is betting on the willingness of rural families to invest, sacrifice and contribute towards this common cause. Once the village embarks on the path of organizing themselves, the focus is on identifying their skill and resource gaps which needs outside support. There are capacity building needs, capital needs and above all requirement of channel support for accessing markets. Drishtee takes these needs to stakeholders such as local government, civil society organizations and CSR of large corporations seeking partnerships on behalf of these community organizations.
Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
Mission: To collaborate with marginalized communities to develop and nurture rural enterprises and support the community eco system.
Organization Website: www.drishtee.org
City: Head Office at NOIDA (Area of operations all over India)
State/Province: Uttar Pradesh
Department: Community Connect
1. Date of Request: 04/01/2017
2. Requested / Filled By: Shreya Majumdar
3. Department: Community Connect
4. Position Name: Sales & marketing Coordinator
5. Reporting Manager (person who the candidate will report to): Field Manager
6. Hiring Manager(s) (person who will conduct the interview): Swapna Mishra/Shreya Majumdar/Yogita Singh
7. Closing Date: 20/01/17
8. Organization: DF
9. Preferred Date of Joining: Immediate
10. Location: Mall (U.P.) and Gohana (Sonepat)
11. Salary Range: 10,000 – 12,000/pm
12. Type of Position: Contractual
13. Project / Job Description:
Rangoli is a retail store in a village that is ‘by the women, to the women and of the women’. Shops are owned and run by women entrepreneurs from the village and only female customers are allowed. It provides an opportunity for women to earn money and increase families’ income and contribute to the development of the community.
14. Details of Vacancy:
a) Designation: Sales & marketing Coordinator
b) Most Important Skills & Requirement:
– Must have background in sales and marketing
– Must have own mode of transport
– Should possess good knowledge of local language, region and communities
– Must possess basic computer literacy
– Must be willing to visit ground as and when required
c) Desired Qualification Level: 12th Pass
d) Most Relevant Experience: NA
e) Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Long term sustainable relationship with entrepreneurs
2. Identification and selection of new entrepreneurs
3. Assisting and guiding entrepreneurs in business management.
4. Marketing and publicity by organizing events, awareness programs, competitions.
5. Assisting the Project lead in planning and setting up producer groups and services in the shops
6. Procurement and supply of products based on requirement of entrepreneurs
7. Identifying local vendors for purchase of products.
8. Data management, recording and reporting purchases and sales on a daily basis.
9. Introduction of new products based on requirement.
10. Forecasting product demand based on trends of sales.
11. Submission of bills and maintenance of accounts of all transactions.