Position Name : Training & Content Manager
Organization Name: Drishtee Foundation
Drishtee is a social organization working for rural communities of over 6000 villages in various states in India, with a strong presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar. We also have our presence in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and some other North Eastern states. Drishtee aims to develop and nurture more than 500,000 sustainable rural livelihoods in next 5 years, in partnership with local communities and external stakeholders. This entails the role of a catalyst for community building and an in depth understanding of rural life and businesses for forging partnerships.
Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realize and accept the need for coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they realize that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation. Drishtee is betting on the willingness of rural families to invest, sacrifice and contribute towards this common cause. Once the village embarks on the path of organizing themselves, the focus is on identifying their skill and resource gaps which needs outside support. There are capacity building needs, capital needs and above all requirement of channel support for accessing markets. Drishtee takes these needs to stakeholders such as local government, civil society organizations and CSR of large corporations seeking partnerships on behalf of these community organizations.
Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
Mission: To collaborate with marginalized communities to develop and nurture rural enterprises and support the community eco system.
City: Head Office at NOIDA. (Area of operations all over India).
State/Province: Uttar Pradesh.
Department: Community Connect
Position Name: Training & Content Manager
Reporting Manager : Community connect team
Closing Date: 25/11/2016
Preferred Date of Joining: Immediate
Location: Noida , with frequent travel to rural areas
Salary Range: Rs 25,000 to Rs 30,000 per month
Type of Position: Contractual
Drishtee is a platform for facilitating livelihoods in villages. It operates a two way supply chain to carry products and services back and forth between villages and cities. While it fulfils a critical role for the development of the rural communities, capacity building of the members and all of Drishtee’s stakeholders is key to its sustainability. We are looking at a domain expert and a leader to grow this critical function.
14. Details of Vacancy:
a) Designation: Training & Content Manager
b) Most Important Skills & Requirement:
1. Proven experience of a minimum of 3 years as content developer & trainer. Experience in rural areas preferred.
2. Understanding and knowledge of effective training methodologies
3. Willingness to keep abreast of new techniques in training
4. Proficient in MS Office
5. Above average communication, presentation and public speaking skills
6. Organizational and time management abilities
7. Critical thinking and decision making
c) Desired Qualification Level:
Post graduate but graduates with relevant experience will be considered
d) Most Relevant Experience:
Minimum three years experience in Training and content development
e) Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Establish and define the structure of the learning context:
– Liaise with managers to determine training needs and schedule training sessions
– Develop session plans and learning materials keeping in mind the diverse learning styles and needs of the groups
– Bring into focus the relationship between the training content and the trainees’ role
– Facilitate the integration of content with the knowledge and experience of the trainees
– Elicit feedback and modulate training based on feedback and learning gained in training process
2. Serve as Content Resource Person:
– Plan, Review, Control, Monitor and Document training activities
– Participate in reviewing the existing training SOPs and updating the same
– Drive design, development and delivery of all ongoing, new-hire, re-training, and other programs and allocating resources required for the same.
3. Other Important attributes :
– Research and experiment of new processes/systems to improve training function.
– Training & Feedback Analysis for continual improvement in training function.
– Effective facilitation and coordination skills
– Attitude : Pro active, Empathetic , Confident and Resilient
– Willingness to travel to field and manage teams