Position Name : Accountant – (Projects)
Organization Name: Drishtee Foundation
Drishtee is a social organization working for rural communities of over 6000 villages in various states in India, with a strong presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar. We also have our presence in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and some other North Eastern states. Drishtee aims to develop and nurture more than 500,000 sustainable rural livelihoods in next 5 years, in partnership with local communities and external stakeholders. This entails the role of a catalyst for community building and an in depth understanding of rural life and businesses for forging partnerships.
Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realize and accept the need for coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they realize that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation. Drishtee is betting on the willingness of rural families to invest, sacrifice and contribute towards this common cause. Once the village embarks on the path of organizing themselves, the focus is on identifying their skill and resource gaps which needs outside support. There are capacity building needs, capital needs and above all requirement of channel support for accessing markets. Drishtee takes these needs to stakeholders such as local government, civil society organizations and CSR of large corporations seeking partnerships on behalf of these community organizations.
Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
Mission: To collaborate with marginalized communities to develop and nurture rural enterprises and support the community eco system.
City: Head Office at NOIDA. (Area of operations all over India).
State/Province: Uttar Pradesh.
Department: Community Connect
Position Name: Accountant – Projects
Reporting Manager: Swapna Mishra
Hiring Manager(s): Finance & Accounts
Closing Date: 25/11/2016
Preferred Date of Joining: Immediate
Salary Range: Rs 15,000 – 20,000 /-
Type of Position: Full Time
Drishtee is a platform for facilitating livelihoods in villages. It operates a two way supply chain to carry products and services back and forth between villages and cities. While it fulfils a critical role for the development of the rural communities, it requires robust financial systems and processes to grow. We have an internal MIS which records transactions. We are looking at a domain expert and a leader to grow this critical function.
Details of Vacancy:
a) Designation: Accountant (Projects)
b) Most Important Skills & Requirement:
- Strong understanding of Indian accounting practices
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with team
c) Desired Qualification Level:
- Bachelors in Commerce
d) Most Relevant Experience:
- Working Experience in web based accounting system or tally
e) Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accounts books on monthly basis with the help of field level accountant
- Prepares revenue, expenses, asset, and liability reports by compiling and analyzing account data
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances