- Organization Name: Drishtee
- Organization Description: Drishtee is a social organization working for rural communities of over 6000 villages in various states in India, with a strong presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar. We also have our presence in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and some other North Eastern states. Drishtee aims to develop and nurture more than 500,000 sustainable rural livelihoods in next 5 years, in partnership with local communities and external stakeholders. This entails the role of a catalyst for community building and an in depth understanding of rural life and businesses for forging partnerships.
Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realize and accept the need for coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they realize that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation. Drishtee is betting on the willingness of rural families to invest, sacrifice and contribute towards this common cause. Once the village embarks on the path of organizing themselves, the focus is on identifying their skill and resource gaps which needs outside support. There are capacity building needs, capital needs and above all requirement of channel support for accessing markets. Drishtee takes these needs to stakeholders such as local government, civil society organizations and CSR of large corporations seeking partnerships on behalf of these community organizations.
- Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
- Mission: To collaborate with marginalized communities to develop and nurture rural enterprises and support the community eco system.
- Organisation Website: http://www.drishtee.org/
- City: Noida
- State/Province: Uttar Pradesh
- Country: India
Volunteer Position Details
- Job Title for this volunteer position– Supply chain Research volunteer
- Job Function– Logistic Research Supply chain Management
- Language Requirements– English and Hindi
- Description of Volunteer Opportunity: Drishtee aims to develop and nurture more than 500,000 sustainable rural livelihoods in next 5 years, in partnership with local communities and external stakeholders. This entails the role of a catalyst for community building and an in depth understanding of rural life and businesses for forging partnerships.
- Project: “To develop an ecosystem that offers supply chain management and stakeholder linkages primarily to facilitate development of community owned services and interdependent livelihoods.”
- Roles and Deliverables:
- To know the products which we can produce in rural area and link with the drishtee supply chain for these products.
- Study existing transport system and logistics resources which are present in Villages and how it can be used for effective and efficient rural delivery system.
- Desired Skills and Expertise
- Experience in research and logistics preferable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Emphasis on clean, usable & sophisticated layouts
- High enthusiasm, can do attitude, and creative mind
- Location of the Project– Preferably – Delhi , National capital region
- Number of Interns/Volunteers– 2
- Estimated Time Commitment (Hours per Week)- 40 Hours
- Estimated duration of project- 3-6 months
- Stipend – Can be considered based on the skill set
- Housing – Yes
- Internet -Yes
- Work related expenses would be managed by Drishtee
Contact person : Geeta Sangha , email Id firstname.lastname@example.org