Organization Name : Drishtee
Organization Description : Drishtee is a social organisation working with rural communities in 6000 villages across India, we have an extensive presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar, with few initiatives in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and other North Eastern states.
Drishtee aims to develop and nurture 500,000 sustainable rural enterprises in the next 5 years, the partnership is with local communities and in collaboration with other stakeholders. To accomplish the objective of formation of enterprises Drishtee requires to play the role of a facilitator for community building within the villages, this entails a continuous and holistic understanding of rural landscape for sustainable development of enterprises and possibilities of forging partnerships.
Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realise and accept the value (intangible & tangible) of coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they recognise that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation.
Drishtee is relying on the willingness of rural families to commit, invest, and contribute towards this common cause of unification and working towards their own empowerment.
When the village embarks on the path of organising themselves, the focus is on identifying their core needs, existing skill set and resource requirements. These would be broadly – capacity needs (training & development, design, management , planning & structuring ) , capital needs (human capital, financial ) and channel needs ( marketing , networking , linkages ) for accessing global markets.
Drishtee analyses these needs and connects with relevant stakeholders such as local government, civil society organisations and CSR of large corporations seeking partnership support on behalf of the community organisations.
Sectors Addressed :
- Agriculture and allied services
- Beauty and Wellness
- Banking and Finance
- Tourism and Hospitality
Vision : Drishtee envisions a world where all commjustifyunities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
Mission : To facilitate development of rural community organizations and delivery of business services to demonstrate a mode of of sustainable living on the planet.
*Community Organization : An organized & registered collective of groups, where members are open to share resources & responsibilities in order to achieve sustainable common well being.
Organisation Website : http://www.drishtee.org/
Job Opportunity Details
Organisation : DDCL
Department/ Vertical/ Project : Financial Inclusion/ Supply Chain/ Projects
Job Title : Lead State Manager
Job Function : Business Development, Advertising, Financial Inclusion, General Business, Public Relations, Project Management, Research, Sales, Supply Chain, Training, Writing
Language Requirements : English, Hindi, and Regional/ local dialect
Location : Gujarat
Description of Opportunity :
- What is the specific Project ? This project would entail developing a range of village level entrepreneurs, linked to banking , education or other retail services. These franchisees would provide services to villagers for a fee and would share their revenues with Drishtee. These young entrepreneurs earn a handsome share which ensures a decent living for them and their family.
- What is its goal ? The goal of the project is to facilitate development of rural community organizations and delivery of business services to demonstrate a mode of of sustainable living on the planet.
- What tasks will you want her/him to do? The candidate will have to spearhead the delivery of services to Drishtee’s customers with proper administrative processes at the back end. The role will also require extensive travelling across the state of posting.
- Why is this important to your organization? This is important as it is in congruence with our Vision, which is, Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
- Desired Skills and Expertise :
- Education requirements : Graduate or Post Graduate in any field.
- Experience : Minimum of two years work experience in any rural business/intervention
- Skills & interests : Good Communication & Interpersonal skills, Project Management skills, Analytical skills, Creative thinker, Goal-focussed, Good coordination skills, Planning Skills.
Classification : Payroll (Full time)
Opening Date : 1st August, 2017
Closing Date : 31st August, 2017
Preferred Date of joining : ASAP
- Estimated Time Commitment (Hours per Week) : 6 days a week
- Salary Range : Rs. 35000 per month
- Travel expenses : As per Organisation’s Policy
- Mobile reimbursement : As per Organisation’s Policy