Organization Description: Drishtee is a social organisation working with rural communities in 6000 villages across India, we have an extensive presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar, with few initiatives in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and other North Eastern states. Drishtee aims to develop and nurture 500,000 sustainable rural enterprises in the next 5 years, the partnership is with local communities and in collaboration with other stakeholders. To accomplish the objective of formation of enterprises Drishtee requires to play the role of a facilitator for community building within the villages , this entails a continuous and holistic understanding of rural landscape for sustainable development of enterprises and possibilities of forging partnerships.
Approach: Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realise and accept the value ( intangible & tangible) of coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they recognise that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation.
Drishtee is relying on the willingness of rural families to commit, invest, and contribute towards this common cause of unification and working towards their own empowerment . When the village embarks on the path of organising themselves, the focus is on identifying their core needs , existing skill set and resource requirements. These would be broadly – capacity needs (training & development, design , management , planning & structuring ) , capital needs (human capital, financial ) and channel needs ( marketing , networking , linkages ) for accessing global markets. Drishtee analysis these needs and connects with relevant stakeholders such as local government, civil society organisations and CSR of large corporations seeking partnership support on behalf of the community organisations.
Sectors Addressed: Agriculture and allied services Apparel, Construction Beauty and Wellness Banking and Finance Tourism and Hospitality Plumbing, Handicrafts and IT.
Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
Mission: To facilitate development of rural “community organizations” and delivery of business services to demonstrate a model of sustainable living on the planet.
*Community Organization: An organized & registered collective of groups, where members are open to share resources & responsibilities in order to achieve sustainable common well being.
Volunteer Position Details
Description of Volunteer Opportunity
1. Job Title: Research Volunteer for Value Chain ideas
2. What is the specific Project? Drishtee has a mission to facilitate development of rural community organizations and delivery of business services to demonstrate a model of sustainable living on the planet. While farming has been a major livelihood option for rural communities, the returns have been diminishing. Drishtee aims to help develop micro business models in the form of value chains in the field of farming, food processing, textile and handicraft. These value chains would work in hub and spoke format and offer livelihood support to micro enterprise groups, mostly consisting of women. Drishtee’s business services relate to provisioning of supply chain and market access support.
3. Why is this important to your organization? Value chains is an integral part of our new approach and this will lead to develop an eco system for Micro Enterprises.
4. What is the goal? To identify and document 10 best value chain ideas.
5. Job Function: Research
6. What tasks will you want the volunteer to do:
Primary research on Web
Design the template to document the ideas
Conduct survey to validate the potential of ideas
Document the ideas
7. Location: Drishtee Noida Head Office
8. Duration & Time: Full Time 1-3 months
Desired Skills & Expertise:
Language Requirements: English and Hindi
Education Requirements: MSW / Any other degree in Rural Development /PG
Experience: Some exposure of Rural projects
Skills: Good command on computer, Internet Search and Office tools
Interests: Enterprise development
- Housing & Meals : Applicable ( Shared accommodation )
- Certificate: Applicable upon successful completion of your tenure
- Laptop: Organised by the volunteer
- Mobile reimbursement : Applicable as per organization’s policy
- Travelling allowance: Only Official expenses are covered by Drishtee upon agreement with the mentor.