● Organization Name: Drishtee
● Organization Description: Drishtee is a social organisation working with rural communities in 6000 villages across India, we have an extensive presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar, with few initiatives in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and other North Eastern states.
Drishtee aims to develop and nurture 500,000 sustainable rural enterprises in the next 5 years, the partnership is with local communities and in collaboration with other stakeholders. To accomplish the objective of formation of enterprises Drishtee requires to play the role of a facilitator for community building within the villages, this entails a continuous and holistic understanding of rural landscape for sustainable development of enterprises and possibilities of forging partnerships.
Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realize and accept the value (intangible& tangible) of coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they recognise that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation.
Drishtee is relying on the willingness of rural families to commit, invest, and contribute towards this common cause of unification and working towards their own empowerment.
When the village embarks on the path of organising themselves, the focus is on identifying their core needs, existing skill set and resource requirements. These would be broadly – capacity needs (training & development, design, management, planning & structuring), capital needs (human capital, financial) and channel needs (marketing, networking, linkages) for accessing global markets.
Drishtee analyses these needs and connects with relevant stakeholders such as local government, civil society organisationsand CSR of large corporations seeking partnership support on behalf of the community organisations.
● Sectors Addressed:
Agriculture and allied services
Beauty and Wellness
Banking and Finance
Tourism and Hospitality
● Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
● Mission: To facilitate development of rural community organizations and delivery of business services to demonstrate a mode of of sustainable living on the planet.
● *Community Organization: An organized & registered collective of groups, where members are open to share resources & responsibilities in order to achieve sustainable common well being.
● Organisation Website: http://www.drishtee.org/
● Organisation Address (Head Office) :
Drishtee, BSI Business Park Private Limited,
H-15, First Floor- 107/108
Sector 63,Noida- 201307
Job Opportunity Details
● Organization: Drishtee Skill Development Center (DSDC)
● Job Title for this position: Assistant Program Manager @ Mainpat, Surguja, Chattisgarh
● Job Function: Customer Service, Marketing, Public Relations, Strategy, Planning, Liaisoning & Coordination, Relationship building, Project Management, Partner Coordination, Team Building and management, Work in an SMT (Self Managed Team) environment.
● Language Requirements: English, Hindi and Basic Chhattisgarhi
● Description of Opportunity:
○ Project Description: Project is focused on facilitating local action to achieve sustainable development in a cluster of villages. The overall approach is of creating an ecosystem for nurturing local micro-enterprises that harnesses local resources and inspires innovation and capacity building. There are 100 SHGs that are already set up and activated in the Korba block. These SHGs are in different stages of their growth and therefore the intervention has to connect with them where they are to co-create a roadmap towards sustainability. Drishtee is planning to mobilize these SHGs and handhold them to grow through various stages, of organizational strengthening and capacity building for co-designing and co-developing local enterprises for creating sustainable livelihoods for themselves and impacting the larger ecosystem dynamics in a positive manner. Drishtee’srole would be of a facilitator or enabler for these women SHGs in support from Vedanta (BALCO). The project is focused on developing the SHGs towards more sustainable status and also engaging them to the viable micro-enterprise models.
○ Project Mission: To promote & create Rural Livelihoods for Producers (the SHGs & MEGs) under the larger umbrella of Community based organizations that exist and are being formed in various villages.
○ Primary tasks to be executed
Project Management, Coordination at Field level and Partners, Liaison with various stake holders, Ensure timely delivery, Team Management, Relationship Building, Work towards the overall village development, Aggregating the Farmers and others to form a Producer organization (Federation), Market creation for the Agri produce from the villages(federation) and work towards the sustainability of the initiative.
● Desired Skills and Expertise:
○ Education requirements: Post Graduate in Rural Development / MSW / Developmental Fellows of at least 2 year.
○ Experience: Project Mngmt. on ground Experience, passionate about supporting the Rural (Forest / non Forest) initiatives, rural exposure of minimum 2-3 years, Team Management & relationship management.
○ Skills & interest: Empathetic, Excellent Communication skills, Global listener. Committed, Self Motivated, Development mindset, Knowledge of Farm production, Strong Conviction, Professional Attitude to make the business sustainable and replicable.
● Location: On Site – Mainpat, Surguja, Chhattisgarh.‘Famously known as Shimla of Chhattisgarh’
● Classification: Payroll
Number of Candidates for the Opportunity:1
● Opening Date: 23rd October,2017
● Closing Date:15th November,2017
● Preferred Date of joining:1st December 2017
1.Time Commitment Six days a week for 9 hours a day.
2. Estimated duration of project: Ongoing
3. Salary Range: Rs.25,000/- per month
4. Cadre: Udyogsheel
6. Housing: Modest, Shared Room at Office cum Guest House facility.
7. Travel Allowance : Yes @ Rs.2/- per Km for two wheelers
8. Mobile reimbursement:Rs.500/- per month
9. Miscellaneous: Rs. 500/- per month as reimbursement towards usage of personal Laptop .