Organization Name: Drishtee
Organization Description: Drishtee is a social organisation working with rural communities in 6000 villages across India, we have an extensive presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar, with few initiatives in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and other North Eastern states.
Drishtee aims to develop and nurture 500,000 sustainable rural enterprises in the next 5 years, the partnership is with local communities and in collaboration with other stakeholders. To accomplish the objective of formation of enterprises Drishtee requires to play the role of a facilitator for community building within the villages, this entails a continuous and holistic understanding of rural landscape for sustainable development of enterprises and possibilities of forging partnerships.
Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realize and accept the value (intangible& tangible) of coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they recognise that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation.
Drishtee is relying on the willingness of rural families to commit, invest, and contribute towards this common cause of unification and working towards their own empowerment.
When the village embarks on the path of organising themselves, the focus is on identifying their core needs, existing skill set and resource requirements. These would be broadly – capacity needs (training & development, design, management, planning & structuring), capital needs (human capital, financial) and channel needs (marketing, networking, linkages) for accessing global markets.
Drishtee analyses these needs and connects with relevant stakeholders such as local government, civil society organisationsand CSR of large corporations seeking partnership support on behalf of the community organisations.
Agriculture and allied services Apparel Construction Beauty and Wellness Banking and Finance Tourism and Hospitality Plumbing Handicrafts IT.
Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
Mission: To facilitate development of rural community organizations and delivery of business services to demonstrate a mode of of sustainable living on the planet.
*Community Organization: An organized & registered collective of groups, where members are open to share resources & responsibilities in order to achieve sustainable common well being.
Organisation Address (Head Office) :
Drishtee, BSI Business Park Private Limited, H-15, First Floor- 107/108 Sector 63,Noida- 201307 Telephone: +91-120-4661000
Description of Volunteering Opportunity:
Job Title: Corporate relationship development
What is the specific Project?
Drishtee envisions a happier and connected world. Needless to say, the organisation understands that it can only play the role of a facilitator in realizing a vision as ambitious. Such a task has to be the common dream of every dreamer. If we want a better world, we need to start with holding hands and walking together. The project is about relationship development. The focus is on corporate as they have the resources such as skilled manpower, technology, tools and funds. What they lack is a common vision for the world. Most of the CSR projects are only treating the symptoms and not even coming close to solving the core issues. In addition, the image of a corporate in the minds of an average citizen is more in the zone of problem rather than in the realm of solution. The volunteer would help the Business Development team to brand position, develop communication material and position Drishtee as a preferred partner of potential like minded corporates.
Why is this important to your organization?
Drishtee has built a strong scalable network without depending on grants and donations. The core strength lies in building partnerships with rural youth to establish a rural franchising network. However, one way partnerships leaves critical resource gaps which can be fulfilled with the help of corporates. Drishtee aims to expand its partnership base to achieve its vision.
What is the goal?
The goal is to introduce and develop Drishtee’s Brand image within the corporate sector and towards the vision of Drishtee resulting in long enduring partnership.
Job Function: Develop and demonstrate the Corporate partnership model.
What tasks will you want the volunteer to do?
We would start one month of orientation – Visiting Assam, Bihar and spending 2 weeks or more in Sonoshi Maharashtra . After that we would prefer the candidate to spend time at Nasik for developing the collaterals.
- 1st – Collaterals for BD which should include messaging through PowerPoint deck, Introductory letter, Website updation (limited to BD)
- 2nd – identifying Target audiences – Database aggregation of like minded organisations. Seeking references
- 3rd – Fixing meetings and up the clients for relationships.The candidate would be visiting Corporates at different locations mostly metros.
Location: Sonoshi village (near Nasik), Maharashtra
Duration & Time: Full Time for 8 to 12 months
Desired Skills & Expertise:
Language Requirements: English
Education Requirements: Graduate or Post graduate
Experience: At least 10 years in business development
Competencies: Check your fit;
- Enthusiastic about bringing about a change towards a happier world.
- Passionate about bringing livelihood support to the grassroots.
- Open to working and living in a safe village environment with humble urban amenities
- You are efficient with use of basic computing and internet tools. Good presentation skills.
- You enjoy interacting with people and have a knack of assessing their interest and needs
- You have basic research skills and high business planning skills
Interests: Enterprise development
Support & Take aways :
- Learning Opportunities
- Warm welcome and Hospitality
- Mentoring & Handholding on daily basis at personal & professional level
- Diverse cultural experience with feeling of “ a home away from home “
- Expojustifysure to Indian rural landscape, diverse culture and working conditions
- Ongoing and continuing leadership development
- Active engagement on site
- Opportunity to travel and interact with rural communities
- Enhance self confidence and platform to contribute to a cause
- Housing & Meals: Food and accommodation will be provided on site
- Certificate: Applicable upon successful completion of your tenure.
- Laptop would need to be Organised by the volunteer.
- Mobile reimbursement: Yes, Applicable as per organisation’s policy.
- Traveling allowance: Yes, Only work related, local expenses are covered by the organisation.