● Organization Name: Drishtee Foundation
● Organization Description: Drishtee is a social organisation working with rural communities in 6000 villages across India, we have an extensive presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar, with few initiatives in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and other North Eastern states.
Drishtee aims to develop and nurture 500,000 sustainable rural enterprises in the next 5 years, the partnership is with local communities and in collaboration with other stakeholders. To accomplish the objective of formation of enterprises Drishtee requires to play the role of a facilitator for community building within the villages, this entails a continuous and holistic understanding of rural landscape for sustainable development of enterprises and possibilities of forging partnerships.
Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realize and accept the value (intangible& tangible) of coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they recognise that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation.
Drishtee is relying on the willingness of rural families to commit, invest, and contribute towards this common cause of unification and working towards their own empowerment.
When the village embarks on the path of organising themselves, the focus is on identifying their core needs, existing skill set and resource requirements. These would be broadly – capacity needs (training & development, design, management, planning & structuring), capital needs (human capital, financial) and channel needs (marketing, networking, linkages) for accessing global markets.
Drishtee analyses these needs and connects with relevant stakeholders such as local government, civil society organisationsand CSR of large corporations seeking partnership support on behalf of the community organisations.
● Sectors Addressed:
Agriculture and allied services
Beauty and Wellness
Banking and Finance
Tourism and Hospitality
● Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
● Mission: To facilitate development of rural community organizations and delivery of business services to demonstrate a mode of of sustainable living on the planet.
● *Community Organization: An organized & registered collective of groups, where members are open to share resources & responsibilities in order to achieve sustainable common well being.
● Organisation Website: http://www.drishtee.org/
● Organisation Address (Head Office) :
Drishtee, BSI Business Park Private Limited,
H-15, First Floor- 107/108
Sector 63,Noida- 201307
Job Opportunity Details
Organisation : Drishtee Foundation
Department/ Vertical/ Project: Projects
Job Title : Sales and Operations / Channel Management
Job Function :
Implementation of Business model for MEGs (Micro Enterprise) Development of Business plan Development of channel, (Franchisee management), Supporting rural livelihood,
Ensuring the sustainability of Operations for different stakeholders
Networking, accruing and maintaining relationship
Internal and External Reporting
Passionate to bring change, Leadership quality, High in Empathy, Change maker.
Language Requirements: English, Hindi and Regional / local dialect
Location: Chhattisgarh/ Maharashtra/ Bihar
Description of Opportunity:
- What is the specific Project? This project would entail developing a range of village level entrepreneurs, linked to banking , education or other retail services. These franchisees would provide services to villagers for a fee and would share their revenues with Drishtee. These young entrepreneurs earn a handsome share which ensures a decent living for them and their family.
- Establishing the Micro Skill center
- Waste recycling and processing
- Micro enterprise development – Apparel, Textile and other rural products
- Distribution franchisees
- Financial Inclusion
- What is its goal ? The goal of the project is to facilitate development of rural community organizations and delivery of business services to demonstrate a mode of of sustainable living on the planet.
- What tasks will you want her/him to do?
- Collecting facts and figures related to business model development
- Evaluation and development of Business models
- Identification of Village development Entrepreneurs
- Identification and development of Market and sustainable channel
- Managing the project expense and income
- Regular visits to villages and project locations
- Why is this important to your organization? This is important as it is in congruence with our Vision, which is, Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
- Desired Skills and Expertise :
- Communication Skills,
- Presentation Skills
- Business Acumen and strong Market understanding
- Education requirements : Graduate / Post Graduate
- Experience : Minimum of more than 5 years work experience in any rural business/intervention
- Skills & interests: Good Communication & Interpersonal skills, Project Management skills, Analytical skills, Creative thinker, Goal-focused, Good coordination skills, Planning Skills.
- Classification: Payroll (Full time)
- Opening Date: 1st Jan, 2018
- Closing Date: 31st Jan, 2018
- Preferred Date of joining: ASAP
- Logistics: Estimated Time Commitment (Hours per Week) : 6 days a week
Salary Range: Rs. 35000 – 40000 per month
Travel expenses: As per Organization’s Policy
Mobile reimbursement: As per Organization’s Policy