● Organization Name: Drishtee
● Organization Description: Drishtee is a social organisation working with rural communities in 6000 villages across India, we have an extensive presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar, with few initiatives in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and other North Eastern states.
Drishtee aims to develop and nurture 500,000 sustainable rural enterprises in the next 5 years, the partnership is with local communities and in collaboration with other stakeholders. To accomplish the objective of formation of enterprises Drishtee requires to play the role of a facilitator for community building within the villages, this entails a continuous and holistic understanding of rural landscape for sustainable development of enterprises and possibilities of forging partnerships.
Progress and development of villages is possible only when families realize and accept the value (intangible& tangible) of coming together as a community for fulfilling their basic common needs. It is important that they recognise that their economic unsustainability may have external influence but the core of the solution lies in their aggregation.
Drishtee is relying on the willingness of rural families to commit, invest, and contribute towards this common cause of unification and working towards their own empowerment.
When the village embarks on the path of organising themselves, the focus is on identifying their core needs, existing skill set and resource requirements. These would be broadly – capacity needs (training & development, design, management, planning & structuring), capital needs (human capital, financial) and channel needs (marketing, networking, linkages) for accessing global markets.
Drishtee analyses these needs and connects with relevant stakeholders such as local government, civil society organisationsand CSR of large corporations seeking partnership support on behalf of the community organisations.
● Sectors Addressed:
Agriculture and allied services
Beauty and Wellness
Banking and Finance
Tourism and Hospitality
● Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
● Mission: To facilitate development of rural community organizations and delivery of business services to demonstrate a mode of of sustainable living on the planet.
● *Community Organization: An organized & registered collective of groups, where members are open to share resources & responsibilities in order to achieve sustainable common well being.
● Organisation Website: http://www.drishtee.org/
● Organisation Address (Head Office) :
Drishtee, BSI Business Park Private Limited,
H-15, First Floor- 107/108
Sector 63,Noida- 201307
Job Opportunity Details
Organisation: Drishtee Foundation
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Function: Customer Service, Marketing, Public Relations, Strategy, Planning, Liasioning, Coordination, Relationship building, Project Management
Language Requirements: English, Hindi
Description of Opportunity
1. What is the specific Project?
Sakhi – Swavlamban is an approach to bridge access gap among the marginalized rural women for skills, financial capacity and opportunities and also facilitate their journey towards becoming a successful entrepreneurs and contributors of social and economic well being of their family as well as society. Sakhi- Swavlamban focuses on creating community led and managed 360 degree financial inclusion ecosystem and self – reliant, sustainable economic and social solutions for marginalised rural women as a response to their need and mechanism to combat their challenge.
2. What is its goal?
The specific objectives of the program are:
- Create a community led and managed 360 degree financial inclusion ecosystem with the help of various stakeholders and agencies.
- Enhance access of financial services like bank account, insurance and credit to rural women.
- Create women entrepreneur (especially vulnerable women like widow, divorcee and abandon women) for effective utilization of financial services to the most needy.
- Develop network of financially included women and women entrepreneur to bring more women to be part of this initiative by creating a chain effect in the community.
3. What tasks will you want her/him to do:
- Project Management,
- Coordination at Field level and Project Partners,
- Liaison with various stakeholders,
- Ensure timely delivery,
- Team Management,
- Relationship Building,
- Work towards the overall village development,
- Market creation for the products from the villages/federation,
- Work towards the viability of the project.
4. Why is this important to your organization? Drishtee facilitates CSR Projects and Community driven models to impact and promote the mass scale livelihood generation within the village. It is aligned with our Vision to empower communities and achieve shared prosperity.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
Education requirements: Graduate.
Experience: Project Management. On ground Experience, Passionate about Farm fresh products, Rural exposure of not less than 2 years.
Skills & interests: Empathetic, Effective Communication skills, Consistency & Committed, Self Motivated, Developmental mindset, Knowledge of Farms produces. Strong Conviction and belief in Drishtee’s values. Professional Attitude to make the business successful.
Location: On Site – Varanasi
Number of Candidates for the Opportunity: 1
Opening Date: 21 February 2018
Closing Date: 10 March 2018
Preferred Date of joining: 15 March 2018
- Time Commitment: Full Time for 6 days in a week
- Estimated duration of project: Ongoing
- Salary Range: Rs. 25,000/-
- Cadre: Udyogsheel
- Travel expenses: Applicable as per Drishtee Foundation’s guidelines
- Mobile reimbursement: Applicable. Rs. 250 per month
- Miscellaneous: Rs. 400 per month will be provided towards Laptop reimbursement, if it is organised by the candidate.