Drishtee invites you to join our team of passionate people and walk hand in hand through the journey towards our vision of ‘a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity’. With your participation and contribution, you would play a great ‘change maker’ in the lives of the rural communities, their livelihoods and overall sustainability.
Project Role: Product designers
Location: Base as Nashik (Maharashtra), with expected travel to locations such as Varanasi (U.P), Madhubani (Bihar) & Guwahati, Kamrup district (Assam) or working in any of the relevant Hub location as per the availability of producers and resources for production.
Time frame: 3 – 6 months
First 3 months in development and design of products, and launch within 6 Months
Swavlamban: is a community led Integrated village development initiative of Drishtee to enhance local livelihood opportunities and access to basic services (food, Housing clothing), with in community. This approach focuses on building self-reliant, sustainable, interdependent community organization and enable community organizations to design and develop community led economic and social solutions for the betterment of their villages.
This encompasses Sakhi-Swavlamban: Self-reliance for rural women: through enabling and empowering women by their engagement into community-led micro-enterprise development, capacity building and sustainable market connect for their MEs.
In doing this, products are needed to be designed in order to services the capacity of these upcoming and pre-existing Micro-enterprises. Such products would should be:
- Need based, with continued demand (Frequency should be suitable to make product viable)
- Main produces would be woman, however the family/community engagement and involvement in multiple and varied trades would make the overall family/community much more stable and sustainable.
- Innovation is needed at various levels of product development and production so as to achieve greater acceptance and cater to the ever-evolving demands of the market.
- There are two types of markets that are to be targeted; first been higher middle-class segment of urban families or middle segment of rural and semi-urban families (e.g. Textiles/apparels).
Second target is the rural market where be low cost, high demand products would need to be developed to compete with large scale mass production (e.g. low-cost clothing, Accessories)
- Product should speak for themselves and denote a culture of community well being and shared prosperity. These should be a possibility of a small unit of producers working on these produces instead of individuals.
- Product range and innovation of design would be very critical for the success of the micro-enterprises developed in the initiative.
Types of products/ industry’s:
All industry’s whereby a product is made that would service a market within the basic services of Food, Housing and clothing for either or both of the two desired targets markets. Textiles, sports, homewares, furnishing, food produces, personal care, traditional festival products, Partial products, etc.
- Product development
- Capacity development of the local producer groups (mainly women)
- Team Coordination: understanding market need and also connecting with best of production capacity. Organizing training for the producers with the help of local trainers;
- Train the trainer: preparing the local trainers by building their capacity.
- MEG Support: Micro-enterprise groups of the local area to be developed through training, communication as well as handholding and monitoring support;
- Innovation for the need and market acceptance: Forecasting new and emerging trends
- Using the local and more cost-effective material and techniques
- Deep appetite for learning and contributing to community
- Self-driven, positive, problem-solving approach and responsible
- Skills of enterprise development; Market connection, brand building etc. Would be an added advantage.
- Strong value system and commitment to make a change, alignment to Drishtee vision of “a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity’
Drishtee is a social organisation working with rural communities in 6000 villages across India, we have an extensive presence in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, and Bihar, with few initiatives in parts of Rajasthan, West Bengal, Orissa, M.P., Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Karnataka, Uttarakhand and other North Eastern states.
Our Vision: Drishtee envisions a world where all communities are empowered to achieve shared prosperity.
Drishtee aims to develop and nurture 500,000 sustainable rural enterprises in the next 5 years, the partnership is with local communities and in collaboration with other stakeholders. To accomplish the objective of formation of enterprises Drishtee requires to play the role of a facilitator for community building within the villages, this entails a continuous and holistic understanding of rural landscape for sustainable development of enterprises and possibilities of forging partnerships.
Head Office Address:
BSI Business Park Private Limited,
H-15, First Floor- 107/108
Sector 63, Noida- 201307
Nashik Camp Office:
F-06, First Floor,
Shree Ganesha Valley Apartments
Sinnar Phata, Nashik Road,
Nashik – 422101