An Integrated Model for Building Self-Reliant Communities through Sustainable Livelihoods
Aim: to empower marginalized rural women by enabling them to create community-led and managed business ecosystems with need-based and systematic economic & social solutions that demonstrate scalable and sustainable models of growth.
- Enable local & self-reliant livelihood opportunities for rural women through community-led and managed micro-enterprises.
- Ensure sustainability and scalability of rural micro-enterprises through developing farm and non-farm product value chains like agriculture, textile, dairy, home furnishing, etc.
The Sakhi Swablamban Process
- Livelihood generation through locally sustainable models of enterprise and low investment businesses
- Enhancement of family income and improved financial behaviour
- Better decision making
- Improvement in quality of life
Impact in Numbers (Till June 2019):
- 31 Villages covered
- 31 Drishtee Livelihood Centres (DLCs) established
- 2 Value Chain Businesses set up
- 748 Families enrolled in Livelihood Program
Location: Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)