Rural BPO – Livelihood for Educated Rural Youth
In 2013, Drishtee Foundation initiated a BPO Center in Mathura, with the aim to create livelihood opportunities for educated rural youth. Beneficiary of this project are unemployed educated youths from the villages of Mathura district.
The Challenge: There is lack of livelihood opportunity for educated rural youth having small land holding. The small piece of land doesn’t give sufficient income to sustain themselves in the village. This forces youths to migrate to cities in search of job. In cities, in most cases, they have to settle with low end job and poor living condition due to lack of skills.
The Solution: A 30 seater rural BPO was setup at Mathura with three pronged approach – 1. Building capacity of rural youth to match the quality required, 2. Setup infrastructure to address urban customer needs seamlessly and 3. Convince corporates to trust rural BPOs capacity and give work.
A key reason behind the success of the BPO has to do with the design and delivery of the training offered. The training Drishtee offers is designed expressly keeping in mind the skills and educational background that rural youth bring, and the needs of the rural market.
To deliver on these activities, the operation is fully equipped with the necessary communication infrastructure – reliable internet connectivity, power back up, computer and telephone infrastructure etc.
• Continuous sustainable livelihood for rural youths.
• Improvement in living condition of these families.
• Corporates satisfied with the quality delivered and increasing number of seats.
• Improvement in self-confidence of rural youths engaged in BPO.
The BPO centre at Mathura has two broad categories of services:
Data based Jobs:
1. Data Entry & Processing (For Govt./Pvt. Clients)
2. Text & Data Editing (using online application software of client)
3. Digitization (Converting text, images to electronic form)
4. Translation from English to Hindi and vice-versa
5. Banking & Insurance Claims processing (Life/Non-life/Health/Auto etc.)
Voice based Jobs:
1. Regional Call-centre
2. Sales/Technical Support
3. Product/Services Information
4. Complaint Handling
Over the last 2 years, projects of various kinds have been taken up by the BPO operators and we have successfully providing BPO services to many clients like;
• Dealers of TVS motors in Uttar Pradesh and Haryana,
• Simpa Energy India Pvt. Ltd.,
• Mathura Cooperative Bank
• Food and Civil Supply Department, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh
• NABARD Zonal office Lucknow
• Drishtee Skill Development Center Pvt. Ltd.