Seeking Innovators to dream big & foster human-centred solutions to real human problems. Join the dream team!
Drishtee Immersion is a social enterprise connecting rural communities with global teams to empower new approaches to solving rural challenges. We are in an exciting growth phase and seeking adventurous, passionate individuals to join our team!
‘Immersion’ works with participants from all over the world and communities across rural India. The program develops leadership, empathy and innovations skills amongst participants empowering communities to develop meaningful innovations. The uniqueness of this program is centred on a deep understanding of empathy, neuroscience, anthropology and overlaying with world-leading human centred innovation methodology. With ideas co-created and prototyped, the community selects the most important solutions for implementation.
To help us realise this vision we are seeking an amazing individual to join our team. If you share our passion for human-centred innovation and are up for a challenge both professional and personal, we want to hear from you! This is a unique opportunity to work with leading social entrepreneurs to make a real difference.
Key skills and attributes
There are unique opportunities for those passionate about innovation, motivated to learn, grow and flourish. A position in our team as Innovation specialist will generally include about 50% in the office or corporate environments and 50% in the field. In the field you will be working closely with our Empathy specialists who manages insight development and rural sense-making aspect of our Immersion programs. Key skills and attributes we feel are crucial to your success are:
- Talent for and joy in leading problem solving activities
- Skills in human-centred innovation methods (e.g. design thinking, brainstorming, dynamic/creative workshopping and so on)
- Ability to network in the corporate innovation arena, initiating, nurturing and maintaining relationships with key contacts
- Strong communication ability in formal (e.g. corporate boardroom) and informal (e.g. rural community discussion) settings
- Ability to work in dynamic team environments as well as independently to set and manage your personal workflow
- Friendly, open minded and positive demeanour
- Identify with our manifesto and value
- Passion for innovation
- Interest in rural India and sustainable development
- Desire to push boundaries and challenge the status quo
- This position is open to local and international candidates, however English is our primary working language.
Desired qualification level
- Relevant Undergraduate degree (e.g. business, design, philosophy, social sciences) with strong academic performance
- Preferred Post-graduate degree (or another formal qualification) including significant exposure to human-centred innovation / design thinking or something similarly relevant to innovation (with demonstrable portfolio of relevant works)
Most relevant experience
- Experience with corporate innovation (either within MNC department or as innovation/strategy consultant to MNCs)
- Experience facilitating human-centred innovation/design thinking workshops (in a corporate or education setting) is absolutely essential.
When & where
- You will be based at either Drishtee head office (Greater Delhi (Noida)) or regional office in Nashik (Maharashtra)
- Accommodation will be provided (if required)
- Field work will require regular travel to rural communities across India
- Fieldwork accommodation is provided, be aware this is often basic due to the conditions present in rural India
- Salary plus accommodation is provided
- You will organise travel and visa from your home country (if required)
How to apply
- Apply by 30th July 2017
- Send a brief resume (or LinkedIn) and letter of introduction to Jayashree – email@example.com & Nathan – firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants will receive a response
- More info – www.drishteeimmersion.com & www.drishtee.in